Raising Resilience: The Wisdom and Science of Happy Families and Thriving Children
or 4 fortnightly payments of $6.75 with More info
‘Raising Resilience’ is a practical guide for parents and educators of children from preschool through adolescence, detailing ten universal principles for happy families and thriving children.
- cultivating kindness, gratitude, and generosity
- simplifying family life
- promoting healthy relationships with technology, sex, and drugs
- teaching children about privilege
- working with perfectionism
- using the science of self-compassion
- practising patience and grit, and much more.
Softcover / Novel
Written by Dr Christopher Willard. Published in 2017.
Dr Willard is a clinical psychologist and consultant specialising in bringing mindfulness into education and psychotherapy. The author of ‘Child’s Mind’ (Parallax, 2010), and other books on the topic, he lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts and teaches at Harvard Medical School and Lesley University.