It’s Autumn already ?
Autumn is the perfect time to get outside and exploring! Turn it into a learning experience by asking your children some thought provoking open-ended questions. Observe and highlight the changes happening to the foliage and temperature. Here’s my top 5 outdoor play activities that require no resources and can be done from anywhere!!
1. COLOUR HUNT: Choose a colour and have your child find something in the garden that matches that colour
2. STICK PLAY: Build a miniature stick house using small stickers and mud
3. SCAVENGER HUNT: Search the garden for particular objects (ant, spider web, flower) or objects that start with certain letters
4. ROCK PLAY: Sort rocks by their size from smallest to largest and see who can make the tallest rock tower
5. WATER PLAY: kids love getting wet, add some measuring jugs or a sprinkler to double the fun!
For 30 Days of Nature Play activities and experiences to help you connect with nature and be more mindful check out our Nature Play Prompts in the shop.