BY AMIE – GROWING KIND
Explaining Coronavirus to young children:
I’ve started compiling a list of wonderful resources that help to explain this pandemic to young children. It is important that we explain pandemics to children openly and honestly, but without instilling fear or worry.
– Use age appropriate language
– Remove your own emotion (be mindful of your body language also)
– Don’t use scare tactics i.e “people will die”
– Don’t make any promises you cannot control such as “I promise we won’t get it”
– Be open to questions
– Focus on prevention and the importance of hand washing
Click through to the following links (please check their relevance and appropriateness before showing your child):
A visual hand washing poster to print and display in your bathroom:
Free Activities to enjoy from the comfort of your own home:
I have compiled a list of FREE activities that you can do online or from your own home using household items.
Connect on socials